A swarm of bees was infesting his utility shed. So, he put a glass full of gasoline on some towels where the bees were hanging out.
He turned, walked away and “Whooosh!!” the shed caught fire.
Firemen, wife and one-year old kid rescues, and $80,000 worth of damage later, the bees were gone, most of them, and so was his utility shed.
The auto mechanic, who says he had been educated on gasoline flash points figures the pilot light on the hot-water heater was at fault. And, we are reminded that educated and learned are not the same thing, too!
The side of the rented house where they lived was burnt and the innards (we say that down south) was filled with soot.
When all was said and done, the surviving bees buzzed off to see what other mischief they might be able to cause elsewhere?
Mullen said, “Looking at all this, there might have been a better way.”
You don’t say?