What if those more than 5 million heavy duty trucks rolling up and down just the U. S. highways, would be powered by an engine wit 30-percent better fuel mileage, that doesn’t have pistons and needs no lube?
Such a truck gets on average a 7 mpg and with oil, diesel and gas prices only going up, someone had to come up with a solution. Turbine Truck Engines may have good news for the big fellas, a new engine dubbed Detonation Cycle Gas Turbine (DCGT) that:
- will use 30-percent less fuel
- will reduce emissions by 30-percent
- will be able to use all sorts of fuels – biofuels, hydrocarbon fuels, H and even synthetic
- will have fewer moving parts, which will reduce maintenance costs
- will use no lube oil, filters or pump because it has no pistons or valves
- will be lightweight : only 2lbs / hp
All they need is investors.