One of the world’s most polluted cities, Beijing, will have a “green lung” opening in it after the Olympics finish. The Olympic Forest Park will be a bit to the north of the Bird’s Nest, home to the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. The park cost $1.12 billion!
1. Add 10 years to your life.
2. Listen to Chopin through hidden speakers.
3. Walk below the water surface.
4. Observe wetlands through glass corridors
5. Stand right next to lotus flowers.
6. See hedgehogs and squirrels.
7. 500,000 plants and 180 species
8. Pieces of Mt. Taishan (something about if you can’t go to the mountain, bring the mountain or something like that.)
9. Man-made lakes with purified water
10. Spend $1 million a year to maintain it.
Is it worth it having a ‘green lung’ in a big city like Beijing?
What’s in your city?