Jason Keath at “Jason Keath – Where Old Media Goes to Die” offered up his 5-step plan to “Green Hosting”.
- Buy Your Own Offset Credits -Resources: How to buy carbon credits (Ehow.com) | Carbon credit price comparisons. Read Jason’s tip.
- Use Hosting that Buys Credits – Jason’s recomendation – One good option in this direction is Dreamhost.
- Use Hosting that Buys Green Energy – Better than buying credits when you use energy from wind farms, solar panels, and so on. Jason’s Resources: ThinkHost | HostPapa | HostGator
- Use Hosting that Produces Green Energy -
Some, but not all, in this category (from Treehugger.com):
- Use Your Own Green Powered Servers. Build you own wind turbine or hang solar panels.
Great ideas, Jason! Thanks!
Image courtesy of Nico Macdonald