Have you ever come up with an environment slogan? I remember thinking about those special words that make people understand that we should be good stewards of our planet, our home. Even though most of the time facts are more important in changing people’s minds; they need to see the harm done with their own eyes, often times words have their own weight.
Back to the title. I’ve decided to choose some of the best environment slogans I’ve ever read or heard in various places, ever since I became aware that we should do something to change how we live to guard our home – planet Earth. We don’t care if you’re going to use them on stickers, banners or t-shirts, but we’d appreciate if you could come up with a few of your own and stick them in the comments below. We’ll add them to the list.
So let’s get going, here are the 20 environment slogans we think we’ll get you thinking.
20. You Must Be the Change You Wish to See in the World – That shouldn’t surprise anyone.
19. Every Time History Repeats Itself the Price Goes Up. - Oil anyone?
18. Where Do You Think the Environment Is? – That will sure get smart people think. What is it? Does it need help? How can we help it?
17. What Would Nature Do? – James Bond style. What would James Bond do to save the animals, to reduce pollution? He’d sure do something brilliant. Right?
16. I Object to NOT Saving our Planet – I do, too.
15. Can You Hear the Eco? – Many don’t. Maybe we can teach them.
14. Hear the Trees Falling? – Not really, but we see forests disappearing.
13. Ignore It And It Will Go Away – Extinct is the word. Ignore the needs and we’ll be space history.
12. What Will Your Children Breathe? – Well don’t be smart with us. It’s going to be air (O2) but unless we do something it’s going to be filled with all sorts of poisons.
11. What Will Your Children Drink? - Sure hope it doesn’t need any more explanations.
10. See Green, See Life – Most of the time if it’s green it has life in it. And no don’t give me the Green Hummer example. We’re talking about plants, nature.
9. Melting Ice – A Hot Topic! – I think it was the World Environment Day slogan selected for 2007. And they have a point. Ever thought what will happen if ice melts. What about the polar bears and their habitat?
8. Delivering Environmental Innovation Through Sustainable Practices. – Intel
7. Kick the CO2 Habit – That was used for the 2008 World Environment Day and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) said it may be easier than you think.
6. Green. That’s how we’d like the world to be. – Toyota … you and me both.
5. Good Golly, Go Green Girl – More like eco club stuff, targeting young students, right?
4. It’s Cool to Be an Eco-school – It sure is. If you really believe in what you do, and your students understand that being eco is not just to be fashionable, we’re good.
3. Green for Bikes – My fellow Romanian friends (pedaleaza.ro) came up with an interesting slogan to make authorities aware that cycling is a solution to a city’s high traffic. The results have been incredible. Lots of bikers.
2. Reduce, Reuse & Recycle – Doesn’t need any explanation, I bet.
1. Will Work for Trees – Simply amazing. Kudos to the one who thought of it. Wish my boss would plant a tree for every article I’m putting up. Right Bill?
Thanks for the beautiful image to photos_mweber@Flickr