The Nature Conservancy wants to equip you with facts like this so you can start thinking about the solutions that nature holds for slowing carbon emissions and dealing with the effects of climate change.
In fact, last week, the Nature Conservancy launched a web-based campaign that aims to inspire a movement to respond—and offer solutions— to the threat of climate change.
The campaign, called “Planet Change,” educates site visitors about:
- the implications of climate change for both people and nature
- the massive emissions caused by deforestation
- the powerful solutions nature holds for slowing carbon emissions and dealing with the effects of climate change
Planet Change uses innovative technology to spur users to action, enabling them to:
- tell world leaders what they want to protect from climate change
- use their personal Twitter account to share messages about the threats of climate change
- spread the word about natural solutions to climate change
- offset their own emissions through The Nature Conservancy’s carbon offset program
“We can do nothing and let climate change happen, or we can stand up and make change happen. Nature offers us real solutions for slowing carbon emissions and dealing with the effects of climate change,” says Mark Tercek, The Nature Conservancy’s President and CEO. “Planet Change gives people the opportunity to be a part of the solution, show that they care and let others know that they care.”
For more information, watch this short –but powerful –video clip. It sums up the Planet Change message in less than two minutes.